Please read this document carefully before accessing or using the internet website at www.forterrabp.com (the “Site”). By accessing or using the site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use the site and should immediately cease such use.
Forterra, Inc. and each of its subsidiaries (collectively, “Forterra”, the “Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site; and
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which may provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Forterra or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Site.
children under the age of 16
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected]
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy for more information.
information we collect about you and how we collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as any information you provide to us about your needs; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
information you provide to us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, including information provided at the time of requesting further services and information when you report a problem with our Site;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Your search queries on the Site.
InFormation we collect through automatic data collection technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
how we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Forterra’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Forterra about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Forterra, our customers, or others.
choice about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
your california privacy rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit www.forterrabp.com/californiaprivacynotice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.